Mr Simon Bann
MB, BS (London), BSc (Hons), MD, FRCS, FRCS (Gen Surg), FRACS
Abdominal,Bariatric surgery,Lumps & Bumps,Oesophagus,Upper GI (Gen Surg),Gall Bladder,Hernias,Laparoscopic Surgery (General)
Mr Bann trained in General Surgery, Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery / Laparoscopic in London, UK. Specialist training at the Royal Marsden, St Mary’s, Chelsea and Westminster and Hammersmith Hospitals, London, UK. He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer University of Otago and Adjunct Professor Victoria University.
About Simon Bann
He works as a specialist Upper GI Surgeon both at Wellington and Wakefield Hospitals.
His main interests include cancers of the oesophagus and stomach.
He is an experienced laparoscopic surgeon performing advanced hollow and solid organ procedures; these include:
- Laparoscopic resection of gastric tumours and sleeve gastrectomy for obesity
- Laparoscopic Heller’s cardiomyotomy (treatment of achalasia)
- Laparoscopic fundoplication (treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and hiatus hernia)
- Laparoscopic repair of giant hiatus hernias
- Laparoscopic splenectomy
- Laparoscopic distal pancreatectomy
- Laparoscopic hernias (TEP, TAPP, umbilical and incisional)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gall stone disease).