Day Stay Unit (DOSA) Team Leader - Wakefield Hospital
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Wakefield Hospital
Day Stay Unit (DOSA) Team Leader
Lead an amazing team, and still have the opportunity to remain hands on.
- Fantastic permanent full-time opportunity at Wakefield Hospital
- Wellington based
- Competitive remuneration with free on-site parking and a subsidized cafetaria
With a team of 900 and growing, Evolution Healthcare is a leading provider of choice for innovative and superior private healthcare across New Zealand and Australia. We believe the work we do, the values we uphold, and the ambitions of our team enable our staff to be their best.
Belonging to Evolution Healthcare means you are supported by an organisation that invests in facilities, technologies and innovative models to continuously move towards a better future for all the people in our care.
About the role
As the Day Stay Unit (DOSA) Team Leader you will be responsible for providing both clinical care to patients and oversight of the day-to-day operations of the day stay unit and preassessment. You will be a mentor and coach to the staff to ensure clinical and patient care excellence. All while assisting the Manager with rosters and other staff management tasks.
This is a 72 hour per fortnight position located at Wakefield Hospital, Wellington.
As the DOSA Team Leader, you will be exceptionally organised and have experience leading people. You will also demonstrate and have the following qualities/skills:
- Current New Zealand Nursing Council annual practicing certifiticate
- At least 3 years experience in peroperative nursing
- Previous experience in DOSA (preferred)
- Clinical competence in preforming per-operative tests such as phlebotomy and ECG
- Excellent communication both written and oral
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to coach, mentor and train others
- Highly skilled in time and organisational management
For our people
When you join us at Wakefield Hospital, you will be given the support you need to succeed. We provide a safe, friendly, inclusive and diverse work environment. Wakefield Hospital is the largest private hospital in the Wellington region, performing a wide range of diagnostic, interventional and surgical procedures. You will also be working in the coolest little capital of the world.
Our fantastic range of benefits include
- a competitive remuneration package
- subsidised health insurance
- free on-site parking
- subsidised cafetaria
Leading through our values
We are a values driven organisation. You will champion our values of service, interigty, accountability and engagement through your work by bringing the best of yourself to every situation and put the wellbeing of our people and all the people we care for, first.
We welcome applications from people with the right to work in New Zealand.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to:
Name: Marie Verschoor
Applications close: 12 February 2021