Dr Alex Popadich
MB ChB (Otago), FRACS
Alex finished her undergraduate medical training at Otago University in 2002. She undertook her general surgical training in New Zealand and was awarded her Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2010. Alex undertook two years of post-fellowship training specialising in Endocrine Surgery and Surgical Oncology (Breast) at the Royal North Shore and Hornsby Hospitals in Sydney. Currently she works as a Consultant Surgeon at Wellington Regional Hospital and is also a Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Otago . She is completing a Doctorate of Clinical Surgery with the University of Sydney.
About Alex Popadich
Dr Popadich, Endocrine, Breast and General Surgeon special clinical interests include, surgical management of:
- Surgical management of thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Minimally invasive thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Breast surgery for benign and malignant conditions
- Level one oncoplastic breast surgery
- Laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- Laparoscopic hernia repair.