The Wakefield Cardiac Physiology Department is conveniently located on Level 2 of Wakefield Hospital. It provides quality cardiac assessment facilities for general practitioner referrals, specialist consultants, including the Wakefield Heart Centre consultants and Wakefield Hospital inpatients.
Procedures available through General Practitioner or Consultant referrals:
- 24 hour ECG monitoring (Holter monitoring)
- Event Monitoring
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
Cardiologist referrals are required for:
- Treadmill Exercise Test
- Myocardial Perfusion Scan
- Exercise Stress Echocardiogram
- Transoesophageal Echocardiogram
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram
The cardiologist will be present during the tests.
To find out more about the services available in the Cardiac Physiology Department either click on the links provided or contact us.
All appointments contact Wakefield Heart Centre
P: 04 381 8115
F: 04 3818116